No. (3) Heavy Industries Enterprise
1. No.(3) Heavy Industries Enterprise (HIE-3) is one of the state-owned enterprise under Ministry of Industry. HIE-3 is formed by the combination of former Textile Industries, Myanma Paper and Chemical Industries and Myanma General Maintenance and Home Utility Industries.
2. The responsibilities of HIE(3) are to manage safeguarding the public properties, supervising the production cost and variable costs, negotiating and coordinating between the head office and the factories under HIE(3), making policy, giving guidance, supervising to abide financial rules and regulations, implementing to meet targets according to the instruction of the Ministry of Industry.
3. There are 13 textile factories, 4 paper and home utility factories, totally 17 factories including branch factories under HIE-3.
- No.(1) Textile Factory (Shwedaung)
- No.3 Textile Factory (Sagaing)
- No.3 Textile Facrory Branch (Sagaing)
- No.4 Textile Factory ( Pwintphyu)
- No.5 Textile Factory (Pakokku)
- No.6 Textile Factory (Sarlingyi)
- No.6 Textile Factory Branch (Monywa)
- No.7 Textile Factory (Myitthar)
- No.7 Textile Facrory Branch (Wundwin)
- No.8 Textile Factory (Pyawbwe)
- No.8 Textile Factory Branch (Yamethin)
- No.10 Textile Factory (Taungtha)
- Textile Factory Branch (Myingyan)
- High-grade Paper Mills (Tha Baung)
- Newsprint Paper Mill (Tha Baung)
- Home Utilities Factory (Min Su)
- Hydrogen Peroxide Factory (Chauk)
4. HIE-3 performs the public private partnership with local and foreign investors, privatization, manufacturing the products for the demands other ministries and local market.